This course is required for any Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (caregiver) who is delegated the task of assisting their client with medications. It contains great information for individuals who care for clients in the home or group facility. Approved by the Idaho State Board of Nursing and Idaho State Department of Health and Welfare, this certificate is good any place in the state of Idaho that you would be assisting with medications, except for nursing homes and hospitals.

The CWI Assistance with Medications certificate now expires in 5 years.  Students should be prepared to present photo ID at the time of class.

View available classes


Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.

Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.

Requirements and Costs

Degrees and Certificates

Certificate of Completion


Delivery Formats:

Minimum Age Requirement



Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI One Stop Student Services offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your educational goals. Visit Advising for more information or contact One Stop Student Services to schedule an appointment.


Course Fee - $75

Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.


There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.

Payment Options

CWI Workforce Development offers you multiple payment options to cover the cost of your program. For more information, visit Payment Options

Career Info

Unlicensed Assistive Personnel, Caregiver, Assisted Living


Ada County Campus Quail Building
Ada County Campus Quail Building

1450 S. Eagle Flight Way, Boise, ID 83709

Canyon County Center

2407 Caldwell Blvd., Nampa, ID 83651

CWI Fruitland

129 N. Whitley Drive, Fruitland, ID 83619