International Students

College of Western Idaho (CWI) is eager to be a destination for students from across the globe. 

Our One Stop Student Services staff and international student advisors provide support from the time you inquire about our institution, through the VISA process. CWI continues to provide support during the duration of your time with us.

International Student Admissions Deadline

  • Fall 2017 semester - July 10, 2017

**There is no summer start option.

Getting Started

Are you an International Student?


If any of the following situations apply to you:

  • You have an F-1 or M-1 Student Visa.
  • You have an I-20 issued by CWI.

International Student - Apply for Admission


If any of the following situations apply to you:

  • Permanent Resident - Your immigration status allows you to live and work permanently in the United States.
  • Refugee of Asylee - You were forced to flee your home country due to persecution, war, or violence.
  • Non-Degree seeking - You are not seeking a degree at CWI.

Click here to get started at CWI

Registration Requirements

Please read the following reminders:

  • You must be registered for at least 12 credits in the Fall and Spring semesters. **Enrollment is not required during the Summer semester.
  • Dropping below a full course load may result in a loss of immigration status and deportation.  For this reason a registration hold will be placed on your account to ensure the right credit load is maintained.  Please consult an advisor to help with registration.
  • You may take one online/hybrid class if you have at least 9 credits of in-class courses.
  • If you are full time (12 credits) at CWI, you may take classes at another school depending on that school's international student requirements.
  • If you have an I-20 through another school (BSU) you may take a class at CWI as a non-degree seeking student. There will be no additional paperwork required and the immigration status will continue to be tracked through the school holding your I-20.
  • It is vital and a federal requirement that you keep your address updated with CWI at all times. Please complete the Address Change Form for all changes. This form can be submitted in person, through your CWI email, by fax, or by mail (legible, valid photo ID must be included).

You can search and register for classes by logging into myCWI.


Type Academic Year*
Tuition and Fees for Full-Time Enrollment (minimum 12 credits)

$7,344 (For 12 credits per semester)
$306.00/per credit over 12 credits

Room and Board** $5,592
Books and Supplies $696
Personal Expenditures** $2,424
Transportation** $1,584
Estimated Total $17,640

*Estimated costs are for a full-time undergraduate international student (taking 12 credits each semester). 

**Room and Board, Transportation, and Personal Expenditures may vary depending on circumstances.


(DSO) Designated School Official - School representative required to maintain students legal records while they are in the United States.

Contact your DSO if you plan to do any of the following:

  • Move to a new address (address change form)
  • Change your major, program, or degree level
  • Change your education level
  • Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence
  • Take a break from school
  • Travel outside the United States
  • Request a program extension

Your DSO can also assist you with questions regarding your legal requirements during your stay in the United States.  

You may contact SEVP by email at [email protected] at any time.  In your email, please describe your situation and include any questions you have, SEVP provides responses on a first-come, first-serve basis. Answer times may vary depending on the current numbers of inquiries.

If your DSO cannot answer your question they will be able to put you in touch with someone who can.

Your Designated School Officials are:

Laura Woodall
‚ÄčInternational Student Advisor, DSO
[email protected]

After CWI

Below are actions that need to be taken once you complete your program of study or any authorized period of practical training.  

You will need to complete at least one of the following items in order to maintain legal status:

  • Transfer to another institution
  • Change your education level (e.g. associate's to bachelor's)
  • Apply to change status to another visa status (e.g. H-1B-temporary worker; O-extraordinary ability in science, art or business; P-athlete)

If you choose not to complete an item above, you have 60 days after the completion of your program (the program end date on your Form I-20) to leave the United States.