Facebook Ads Pixel

Future Students

FAQ - Future Students

Future Students

Do I need transcripts to attend CWI?

If you are a degree-seeking student, official transcripts (High School, GED, College/University) are required as part of the admission process. If you have attended another college or university, we recommend submitting official transcripts. Your previous coursework may satisfy pre-requisites. Students with transferrable college credits will need to submit:

  • Official final high school OR GED transcripts
  • AND college transcripts

If you have completed an associate or bachelor’s degree at another college or university, high school or GED transcripts are not required for admission. For those seeking Financial Aid, we do ask for all official copies of college/university transcripts as part of the verification process, as well as high school or GED transcripts.

Please send your official transcripts to:
One Stop Student Services
MS 3000, P.O. Box 3010
Nampa, ID 83653

CWI will also accept faxed high school transcripts as official if they are faxed directly to 888.562.3216 from the school with cover letter/letterhead, have “official” clearly marked on the transcript and have an official school signature/stamp on the transcript. Transcripts from colleges within the state of Idaho and TVCC may also be accepted in this manner as official.

How do I apply for CWI Health Programs?

To learn more on the special admission process as well as deadlines to the CWI Health programs of Dental Assisting, Nursing, & Surgical Technology, see our Professional Technical Degrees.

How do I apply to CWI?

To apply for credit programs there are 5 easy steps to get you started; visit Applying to CWI to choose the application process that most represents you and your program of choice.


What is One Stop Student Services?

One Stop Student Services is the easiest way to get answers and information about the College of Western Idaho (CWI). Students can apply, register for classes, review grades, accept financial aid awards, view and pay bills, and much more, all at one convenient location.

One Stop Student Services is also a resource for students seeking answers to Frequently Asked Questions and general information regarding financial aid, registration, and student accounts. The majority of student transactions can be accomplished online at myCWI.cc or in person at any One Stop Student Services location.

One Stop specialists are available to assist students by email, by phone at 208.562.3000, or in person at any One Stop Student Services location Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

We're here to help! Visit Maps & Campus Locations for more information on all One Stop Student Services locations.

What is the Compass Test and where can I take it? Do I need it?

Compass testing is a Basic Skills Assessment used for placement in appropriate Math and English courses at CWI. We require the Compass, ACT, or SAT for admission. CWI offers free Compass Testing to students that have applied to CWI and paid the one-time application fee! View Assessment Services for more information on testing, including testing center hours, COMPASS, and Computer Skills Assessment (CSA) advising.

We hope this information helps. If we haven’t addressed your individual questions, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in the College of Western Idaho.

What kinds of programs and degrees are offered at CWI?

From Information Technology to Elementary Education, CWI offers a wide-variety of lower division transfer / general education courses & professional technical education degrees.

When can I apply to CWI?

CWI accepts applications at any time, but special deadlines apply for health programs and some professional technical programs have certain semester only start times. View the steps to apply for more detailed information.