Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try and go it alone. At College of Western Idaho (CWI), we are committed to helping make sense of your educational journey with advising opportunities offered through a variety of means. If you would like assistance utilizing any of the tools or additional advising, please visit any One Stop Student Services location or call 208.562.3000 to set up an appointment with an advisor.
New Student Advising Resources
Your myCWI account will be activated 24-48 hours after admission to CWI. To learn how to use myCWI and other important information critical to your success at CWI please sign up for an Orientation, Advising, Registration (OAR) Session. Reserve your spot today at http://oar.youcanbook.me.
Continuing Student Advising Resources
Information on selecting courses for your next term can be found on myCWI under your program evaluation tool. Through myCWI you are also able to access your student records and perform online course searches.
Print the Semester Schedule Grid to plot your semester class schedule.
My Degree at a Glance
Use the Semester to Semester Grid to create your education plan for completing degree or program requirements and identify prerequisite courses to determine your advancement from semester to semester.
Specialized Advising Programs
- CWI offers the Personal Academic and Career Enhancement (PACE) program to provide additional advising and career services for students. This program is especially helpful for the undecided student, the underprepared student, and the student struggling academically.
- The CWI Center for New Directions (CND) is designed to support students that have recently faced a significant life change. CND reaches out to students who are changing careers after being laid off from their current work, single parents or displaced homemakers, and students who are working in a field that is traditionally held by the opposite gender.
- The Career and College Transfer Center (CCTC) is designed to assist current CWI students in identifying and preparing for the steps they will be taking after finishing here.
For more information about any of these specialized advising programs, please contact us.
- New and Future Students
- Undecided Students
- Student Online Advising & Registration (SOAR)
- Checklist for Success
- CWID 101: Connecting with Ideas
- Math 095: College Prep Math
- Academic Transfer Students
- Career & Technical Education Students
- Advising Support
- Boise State Center
- Center for New Directions
- Flexible Science Lab
- Biology & Chemistry Cohort