The College of Western Idaho offers you the opportunity to advance your career with a series of classes to teach you the skills necessary to be successful in today’s workforce.
Practical Office Skills Training
This course is designed to teach you both the soft and hard skills necessary to be successful in an administrative/clerical position.
- 56 total training hours with dedicated, experienced, and helpful instructors
- Business English & Communication
- Business Math (spreadsheet budget focused)
- Resume and cover letter writing plus interview skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
Frontline Supervisor's Training
This course teaches new supervisors the foundational skills they need to be successful as a manufacturing or construction supervisor. Designed for both new supervisors and those doing the job but never trained.
- 30 total training hours with an instructor with manufacturing/construction supervisory experience
- Designed for first time supervisors or for those in the role but never trained
- Learn how to be an effective coach and build trust among your team
- Communication strategies you can use to improve performance
- Performance evaluations, effective meetings, quality management, and more
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Certificate of Completion
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI One Stop Student Services offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your educational goals. Visit Advising for more information or contact One Stop Student Services to schedule an appointment.
Costs vary by class.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
CWI Workforce Development offers you multiple payment options to cover the cost of your program. For more information, visit Payment Options