MEDIA ADVISORY - Wednesday (May 9), College of Western Idaho (CWI) is proud to unveil a redesigned website of its main site at www.cwidaho.cc. The new site provides a more dynamic platform for showcasing all the College has to offer and an improved, user-friendly navigation to help make locating information much more intuitive.
“It’s no secret that people are increasingly using the Internet to gather information and make decisions,” stated Jennifer Couch, CWI’s Director of Communications and Marketing. “We are committed to serving our community with easy access to quality educational options – that accessibility starts with providing a website that is easy to use.’
The new site is built on a content management system that will allow the College to more efficiently and effectively contribute content.
“We have created a site where people can access appropriate information and resources to learn about the College of Western Idaho’s educational options – whether a high school student seeking college credit or a local business seeking training for its workforce. The redesign incorporates several new features that will make the website more interactive and engaging.”
Some of the new features include:
- Enhanced program pages with more information on the variety of education available
- Mobile and tablet friendly design
- Responsive layout that changes depending on the device being used
- More interactive elements, with RSS feeds, social media sharing, videos, and more
- User-friendly navigation makes finding the content you are looking for easier
- Higher visibility of upcoming events and activities going on at the College
- Enhanced search, FAQs, articles, press release info just a couple clicks away
- Look and feel that is more representative of the College
Questions and comments about the redesigned website can be emailed to [email protected].
(208) 562-3508 (office)
About the College of Western Idaho:
The College of Western Idaho is a comprehensive community college fostering student development academically, as well as occupationally. CWI has seven campus locations throughout Southwest Idaho providing higher education and 21st Century technical skills acquisition. The college is dedicated to improving the community’s economic well-being by responding with highly-educated and productive graduates. The foundation for the area’s only community college was created by a supermajority of voters in Ada and Canyon counties on May 22, 2007. For more information, visit www.cwidaho.cc or call (208) 562-3000.