Guaranteed admission to Idaho State University (ISU) after successfully completing an associate degree and application-fee waivers are two benefits of Bengal Bound, a new program designed to encourage Idaho community college students to continue their education at ISU.
ISU launched the program Thursday (Sept. 29) at College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Nampa Campus Academic Building. Faculty and staff visited campus to share information about ISU programs with prospective CWI transfer students.
"ISU is so pleased with this new partnership and the opportunities it will create for Idaho's community college students hoping to pursue an advanced degree," said Dana Gaudet, ISU assistant director of recruitment and student services. She also notes Bengal Bound should ease the transition process.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to work with Idaho State University to expand transfer opportunities for CWI students. Our four-year partners have made a tremendous commitment to help make education beyond CWI a reality for more of our students,” said David Shellberg, CWI’s executive vice president of instruction and student services.
Bengal Bound benefits that apply to qualifying students from CWI include:
- Guaranteed admission to ISU with successful completion of an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree based on a 2.0 or higher cumulative G.P.A.
- Coordinated academic advising with ISU and community college advisors
- A dedicated ISU transfer admissions counselor for Idaho community college transfer students
- A seamless transfer, meaning all college-level credits will transfer through articulation agreements
- An application fee waiver
- Scholarship opportunities based on cumulative G.P.A.