Starting at 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 21, College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Network Services will be unavailable for scheduled updates. The interruption in services is required for the Information Technology Department to move CWI’s data center. The outage window is expected to continue for at least 24 hours and will directly impact:
- Help Desk (phones, website, and email)
- CWI website
- Email (incoming email will be delivered when service is restored)
- File Shares
The work that IT is doing allows the College to:
- reduce overall and long term costs;
- implement multiple Internet service providers to increase reliability;
- implement a fiber optic network between sites to significantly increase network speed and reliability;
- prepare the network for implementation of a second data center for increased reliability and disaster recovery.
Once all services are restored and tested on Sunday, March 22, an email notification will be sent to all staff.