Non-Degree Students

While CWI offers a number of degree and certificate programs, we realize not every student coming to CWI plans to complete a degree. We are a great place for university students to take lower-division transfer classes at a fraction of the cost. We also serve a number of students who are interested in taking individual courses for professional development or personal enjoyment.

What is a Non-Degree Seeking Student?

  • A non-degree seeking student is enrolled for college credit classes, but is not working towards a college degree at CWI. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
  • Students who have not completed the degree-seeking admissions requirements and have not been admitted by the admission deadline may register as non-matriculated/ non-degree seeking students through the registration deadline.
  • We accept applications throughout the year, however admission deadlines vary each semester. Please refer to the academic calendar for admission deadlines.

Minimum Requirements

1. Complete the Application for Admission

Note: You only need to complete and submit the application for admission one time to apply at CWI.

2. Pay the one-time $25 application fee

Pay $25 application fee (nonrefundable)

  • Online (online option is only available at time of initial application) with VISA/MasterCard/Discover;
  • By phone at 208.562.3000 with VISA/MasterCard/Discover;
  • By mail with a check;
  • In person at any One Stop Student Services location with Cash/Check/VISA/MasterCard or Discover

3. Pay Tuition

You can pay tuition with cash, credit card, payment plan, or sponsor payment. Please note that non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

  • Online: Pay online by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover by logging into myCWI
    • Please note: You will not be able to login to your myCWI until you receive your acceptance letter with login information in the mail.
  • Mail: Make your check payable to: College of Western Idaho. Write your student identification number on the bottom left of the check and mail it to:

    College of Western Idaho
    One Stop Student Services
    MS 3000
    PO Box 3010
    Nampa, ID 83653
  • In Person: Come see us in person at any One Stop Student Services Location or call us at 208.562.3000 with your credit card information.

4. Recommended Items

Note: Some CWI courses have required prerequisites. Though not required for non-degree admission, it is recommended students also provide the following items for course placement and prerequisite requirements:

  • Provide recent (within 3 years of the first day of class) ACT test scores, SAT test scores, and/or CWI Math and English placement scores. .
  • Provide a transcript from an accredited high school (only if your SAT/ACT scores are on it- if not, you do not need to submit a high school transcript).
  • Provide official/ unofficial college or university transcripts from regionally accredited institutions.