What will prevent a student from waitlisting for a course?
Because all registration requirements are enforced, the option to waitlist will not work for:
- A student who has any type of registration hold/restriction – i.e. business office hold, academic suspension, etc.
- A student who is missing registration requirements such as course prerequisites or satisfactory placement scores.
- In addition to having met registration requirements, the applicable courses or test scores must have been officially received and accepted by the college and entered into the registration system. This may affect a student who:
- Has submitted an unofficial transcript for admission (official transcripts required)
- Has submitted an in-progress transcript (missing grades)
- Has been admitted as non-degree-seeking (no transcripts submitted)
- Has been admitted with an earned bachelor’s degree (transcript evaluated by request; see Bachelor’s Degree Transfer Credit Request Form)
- A student who waitlisted using an in progress prerequisite and then did not successfully complete the course before being “offered a seat.”
- A student who will exceed the maximum credits allowed for registration by registering for the waitlisted course (more than 20 credits fall/spring; more than 10 credits summer) A student wishing to exceed the maximum allowed credits for registration must obtain advisor approval and may not register on myCWI.
- About CWI
- Facts at a Glance
- Campus Development
- Planning and Reports
- Locations and Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Campus Safety
- CWI Alerts - Text, Voice, and Email
- Public Records Request
- Risk Management
- Student Consumer Information
- Title IX
- Frequently Asked Questions