Facebook Ads Pixel

FAQ - General

FAQ Search

Defensive Driving

What happens if I fail the final exam?

You may review and retake the course on-line for FREE until you pass.

What is the Defensive Driving course for?

You are taking this course voluntarily to receive a three (3)-point reduction on your Idaho Driver's License record.
The Idaho Transportation Department Division of Motor Vehicles allows you to take this course for a 3-point credit once every three (3) years. You may need to take it to satisfy a court order.

Your employer requires you to attend a Defensive Driving Course.

Students who satisfactorily complete this 6-hour course may now also get insurance premium reductions. Individuals should contact their insurance companies to determine whether or not they offer this discount.

When do I get my certificate of completion?

You will receive your Certificate of Completion immediately after you have passed your 15-30 minute Final Exam. You will be permitted to take the final exam after we have checked your identification and verified that you have completed the 11 Sessions on-line.

Workforce Development

Do I have to pay when registering?

Yes. You can pay with cash, check Visa or MasterCard via, phone, fax or in person. You can also register online with Visa or MasterCard. For more information call 208-562-3000.

Do these classes qualify for college credit?

No, you will not receive college credit for any of our classes. All of our classes are personal and professional development non-credit classes.

Do you have a payment plan?

We want to help you get the education you deserve. While our programs are priced much lower than our competition, we know that sometimes it is difficult to find the funding to pay for an entire class in a lump sum. To help you, we have a payment plan for some of our classes. Call 208-562-3000 for more information.

How do I find my class location?

After registering and paying for the class, students receive a confirmation in the mail or via e-mail. The location of the class is on the confirmation. We also include a map. If further help in locating a class is needed, the student can always call us at 208-562-3000 for verbal directions.

How do I pay for my classes?

We take Visa and MasterCard - these can be used online, by phone, fax, mail or in person. We also take cash, checks and money orders by mail or in person. If your employer or an agency is paying your course fees, we need a letter of authorization to bill your employer or vouchers from the funding agency. Note: federal financial aid does not cover any of our classes. The GI bill will pay for some classes. Call 208-562-3000 for more information.

Where are you located?

CWI offers classes across the Treasure Valley. Visit campus maps  for a complete list of CWI locations, also check your class or program of interest to determine which site it will be offered at.

Will I get a grade?

The majority of our classes are all pass/fail. This means if you attend the minimum number of hours required, you will pass. However, a number of our health courses and our apprentice courses require a minimum grade to pass the course.

Student Accounts & Access

How do I change my password for PCs, Blackboard, & e-mail?

There are two ways to change your password.

  1. Log onto a CWI domain computer with your current username and password.
    • Once logged on, press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    • In the Windows Security window, click Change Password.
    • In the Change Password window, in the Old Password box, type the password you are currently using.
    • In the New Password box, type the password you would like to start using.
    • In the Confirm New Password box, type your new password again.
    • Click OK.
    • Once the message stating your password has been changed successfully has appeared, click OK.
    • Log off of the computer, and log back in with your new password.

New passwords must comply with the below complexity requirements.

  • Cannot contain the users first or last name
  • Must be at least 8 characters in length
  • Must contain at least one character from at least three of four sets of characters:
    • A through Z
    • a through z
    • 0 through 9
    • Symbols such!@#$%^&*
  • You can only change your password once within 24 hours
  • You must have 24 unique passwords before you re-use an old password.
What's my username and password?

Each student will have one username and password to access campus computers, Blackboard, and student email. The initial password is temporary, you MUST change your initial password before you can access Blackboard or student email. The account is as follows:

Username: In most cases, your e-mail address will be your [email protected] (ex. [email protected]). If you provided a preferred first name(nickname) to Student Services, your email address will be your [email protected] (ex. [email protected]).”

Temporary Password: Your temporary password will be the first letter of your firstname in CAPS (or first letter of your preferred first name if provided to Student Services) + first letter of your last name in CAPS + “logon” in lower-case letters + last 4 digits of your SSN, if you don’t have a SSN, then use the last 4 digits of your student ID number (Ex: Jonathan Smith’s password would be JSlogon1234).

Note: Whenever your password is changed it will change for Blackboard, PC access, and student email.

Where can I get technical help?

Visit the online help desk for help with access, wireless, Blackboard, myCWI, e-mail, computer labs and more or call 208.562.3444.

Student Disability Services

What kind of documentation is required to receive accommodations?

Current documentation from a qualified medical or psychological professional is required in most cases. Documentation should be current and be in the form of medical records &/or psychological test reports, and include diagnosis, prognosis, and recommended accommodations. Notes on Prescription pads are not acceptable. Please visit Disability Services for more information.

What types of accommodations are typically provided?

If a student qualifies for accommodations, the student may receive assistive technologies, enlarged type, note-takers in class, extended test time, permission to tape lectures, priority seating, texts on tape, certified ASL interpreters, etc.