FAQ - General

FAQ Search

Student Disability Services

When is the best time to request services?

In order to maximize the effectiveness of accommodations, it is recommended individuals apply for ADA services 6-8 weeks prior to needing them. Some accommodations take 4-6 weeks to accomplish. Students who may qualify are encouraged to contact Student Enrichment prior to or upon enrollment at CWI.

Foundation Scholarship Application

How do I know if I have been admitted to CWI?

Admitted students have an assigned student ID. If you have applied for admission and do not yet have a student ID you have not been admitted. Please wait for your student ID to be assigned before completing the online scholarship application.

I am a new student at CWI and I do not have a GPA yet and it is a required field. What should I do?

Please enter 0.0 in the GPA field if you do not yet have a GPA at CWI. Your high school or previous college GPA will be used to evaluate your eligibility for scholarships.

I am enrolled at both CWI and another institution of higher education. Am I a dual credit student?

No. 'Dual Credit' on the scholarship application refers to high school students taking college credits while in high school.

I am enrolled in a Professional Technical Education (PTE) program but it is not listed. Do I still qualify for a scholarship?

Yes, there are several scholarships available for ANY PTE program. Please select 'My program is not listed' and you will be considered for those general PTE scholarships.

I am not sure what to do on the 'Attach Documents' page.

This page is optional. Students can attach additional documents that they would like to have considered by the scholarship committee. This is not required. Student transcripts will be reviewed directly from the student's record and do not need to be uploaded. You can simply select 'Save and Continue' to move to the next section of the scholarship application.

I am transferring from another college but I didn't graduate. The transfer college graduation date is required, what should I do?

Please enter 00/0000 for your Transferring College graduation date. Do not leave this field blank.

I applied for a scholarship that I was eligible for but received a denial letter. Can I appeal this decision?

No. The decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final. Scholarship funds are limited and the applicant pool is competitive. Please reapply for scholarships next year.

I completed the scholarship application and it did not result in any recommended scholarships. Why?

The scholarship application and questionnaire are designed to identify students who qualify for certain scholarships. If your application resulted in no recommended scholarships then you do not qualify for any of the currently available scholarships.

Please review the list of available scholarships on the CWI web page. If you find a scholarship for which you think you should have qualified please contact the Scholarship Coordinator by email: scholarships@cwidaho.cc Otherwise, please apply next year as other scholarships will become available in the future.

I do not have a student ID. What should I do?

Scholarship applicants are required to have a student ID before completing the online scholarship application. This will ensure that we are able to correctly identify you as we evaluate your application. Please exit the online scholarship application and refer to the CWI website for instructions on applying for admission and the assignment of a student ID.

Students taking classes through Business Partnerships / Workforce Development are not issued student ID numbers. Please use the last 7 digits of your Social Security Number in the student ID field.

I do not have Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. What should I do?

These browsers are required for the proper function of the online scholarship application. Please visit One Stop Student Services to utilize a CWI computer to complete your online scholarship application if you do not have access to one of these browsers on your personal computer.

I do not know my high school or transfer college GPA. What should I do?

Many scholarships have GPA criteria. Please be as accurate as possible when entering your GPA; however, your GPA will be verified against your academic records by the Scholarship Committee.

I do not want to release my student records to anyone outside of the Registrar's Office. Will I still be considered for a scholarship?

No. The Scholarship Committee is required to verify student eligibility when awarding scholarships. They cannot accurately complete this task without access to student academic records.

I do not want to submit the optional, free form essay question. Will I still be considered for a scholarship?

Yes. The free form essay question is optional. It is available for students that wish to submit additional information for the consideration of the scholarship committee. It is not required, but you need to at least enter N/A before moving to the next page of the application.

I have not completed my Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Can I apply for scholarships?

No. Many scholarships have financial need as criteria. For the Scholarship Committee to more accurately review your application please complete the FAFSA before completing your online scholarship application. Scholarship applications without financial information will not be considered for awards.