Facebook Ads Pixel

FAQ - General

FAQ Search


How much will I receive?
  •  Total work study funds depend upon:Availability of work study funds.
  • Financial need.
  • Availability of other types of financial aid.
  • Enrollment plans (i.e. full-time or part-time)
What is the work-study program?

Work study is a part-time, hourly position meant to help meet education costs. If you are awarded work study, you must find an on-campus job.

The work study program:

  • Provides part-time employment, guaranteed to be flexible with a student’s schedule.
  • Is available to full-time or part-time students.
  • Helps pay educational expenses.
  • Helps avoid student loan debt that must be repaid later.
  • Can help students gain valuable experience and skills in an area related to their field of study.
When can I begin searching for a work-study job?

After you request work-study funding, you may be awarded work-study as part of your financial aid package. Once you accept the work-study award, you may start searching for job listings. Available work-study jobs are posted online and updated frequently on the work-study job listings page.

Work-Study Jobs »

Don't have work-study funding yet?

1. Complete your FAFSA application.

2. Complete the Work-Study Funding Request form online.

Where can I work?

Currently, CWI only offers on-campus work study jobs.

Why do some students receive work study-funds when others don’t?

With limited funding for work-study awards, CWI gives priority to students who complete their FAFSA applications and the work-study funding request form online. Once these steps are complete, most students are granted funding quickly. A re-evaluation process throughout the year ensures that students are consistently reviewed for eligibility.

Future Students

Do I need transcripts to attend CWI?

If you are a degree-seeking student, official transcripts (High School, GED, College/University) are required as part of the admission process. If you have attended another college or university, we recommend submitting official transcripts. Your previous coursework may satisfy pre-requisites. Students with transferrable college credits will need to submit:

  • Official final high school OR GED transcripts
  • AND college transcripts

If you have completed an associate or bachelor’s degree at another college or university, high school or GED transcripts are not required for admission. For those seeking Financial Aid, we do ask for all official copies of college/university transcripts as part of the verification process, as well as high school or GED transcripts.

Please send your official transcripts to:
One Stop Student Services
MS 3000, P.O. Box 3010
Nampa, ID 83653

CWI will also accept faxed high school transcripts as official if they are faxed directly to 888.562.3216 from the school with cover letter/letterhead, have “official” clearly marked on the transcript and have an official school signature/stamp on the transcript. Transcripts from colleges within the state of Idaho and TVCC may also be accepted in this manner as official.

How do I apply for CWI Health Programs?

To learn more on the special admission process as well as deadlines to the CWI Health programs of Dental Assisting, Nursing, & Surgical Technology, see our Professional Technical Degrees.

How do I apply to CWI?

To apply for credit programs there are 5 easy steps to get you started; visit Applying to CWI to choose the application process that most represents you and your program of choice.


What are placement tests and where can I take them? Why are they needed?

Placement tests help us assess a student’s writing and math skills so they can be placed into appropriate classes for their success.  There are different ways to acquire your placement tests.  CWI accepts College Level Examination Program (CLEP); Advanced Placement (AP); SAT and ACT, and previous college courses.    CWI offers free Math Diagnostic and Write Class Placement assessments to students who have applied to CWI and paid the one-time application fee!  View Assessment Services for more information on testing and Assessment center hours.

What is One Stop Student Services?

One Stop Student Services is the easiest way to get answers and information about the College of Western Idaho (CWI). Students can apply, register for classes, review grades, accept financial aid awards, view and pay bills, and much more, all at one convenient location.

One Stop Student Services is also a resource for students seeking answers to Frequently Asked Questions and general information regarding financial aid, registration, and student accounts. The majority of student transactions can be accomplished online at myCWI.cc or in person at any One Stop Student Services location.

One Stop specialists are available to assist students by email, by phone at 208.562.3000, or in person at any One Stop Student Services location Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

We're here to help! Visit Maps & Campus Locations for more information on all One Stop Student Services locations.

What kinds of programs and degrees are offered at CWI?

From Information Technology to Elementary Education, CWI offers a wide-variety of lower division transfer / general education courses & professional technical education degrees.

When can I apply to CWI?

CWI accepts applications at any time, but special deadlines apply for health programs and some professional technical programs have certain semester only start times. View the steps to apply for more detailed information.


How do I completely withdraw from all my classes?

Submit the Complete Withdrawal form to One Stop Student Services in person with photo ID by the 12th week of the semester (fall/spring).  See Academic Calendar for exact dates.


Where can I get a catalog?

At One Stop Student Services.