Forms and Publications

Registration and Records

General Information

Use this form to request Challenge Credit. A course may be challenged with the permission of the instructional dean, department chairperson, and instructor by passing a comprehensive test for that course with a ‘C’ grade or better. You will be assessed 20% of the Idaho Resident Tuition for each credit acquired by either of these methods in addition to testing fees and any other tuition and fees.

This form is used for current high school students registering for courses offered through College of Western Idaho’s Tech Prep program. This form must be submitted for each semester the student wishes to take courses for credit in the Tech Prep program at CWI. Once this form is processed, the student will be notified and given login information to access the website for payment.

This form is used by a student who is unable to join a Waitlist during registration on myCWI.  This form will allow CWI to override a student onto a Waitlist for a full course.

NOTE:  You must be admitted as a degree-seeking student to use this form.

This form is used to withdraw from a partial schedule of courses or a full schedule of courses.  No course may be withdrawn from after 75% of the course or 12 weeks of the term have elapsed, whichever is earlier.  This form must be submitted in person, through the student’s CWI email, by fax or mail with a copy of current photo ID. 

This replaces the “Drop” portion of the Add/Drop form.


Completion of the 36 credit general education program qualifies you for an Academic Certificate. This certificate notation will be posted on your CWI transcript, and can be awarded prior to completing your AA or AS degree. By accomplishing this milestone, you can transfer from CWI to any of the public colleges or universities within Idaho, and you will not be required to complete additional general education requirements at the receiving institution.

This form is to be used to change your graduation date to a future semester or to apply for graduation past the deadline. Requests will be reviewed by the Registrar's office and you will be notified if your petition is approved or denied.


This is the 2015-2016 Academic Calendar in .pdf format.

Appeals & Special Circumstances

At the College of Western Idaho (CWI), we strive to provide a positive experience for our students and guests of the College.  We do realize, however, that issues do arise on occasions that need to be brought to our attention.  Many student issues can be resolved by contacting the appropriate department.  Advisors and One Stop Mangers can listen to your concerns, help you understand steps necessary to review your concerns as well as direct you to the appropriate staff and forms.  Below you will find guidance for how to properly navigate the College’s petition, appeal, grievance, and complaint processes.