Students who designate CWI as the Recipient of their 529 account withdrawal from IDeal, may be eligible for a matching scholarship.
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) and the IDeal-Idaho College Savings Program are excited to offer an innovative scholarship program designed to promote the college going culture in Idaho and increase opportunities for post-secondary success and achievement. This program offers incentives for families to save for college through Idaho’s IDeal 529 Program as well as encourage community support for college savings.
Qualifying students* who apply for federal financial aid, and pay for a portion of their College of Western Idaho tuition and fees using distributions from their IDeal college savings accounts will have the opportunity to receive a matching scholarship – up to $500 per semester, subject to the availability of funds.
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the FAFSA and have a valid Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- Must be attending CWI full time (12 or more credits per semester).
- Must be a degree/certificate seeking student.
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as determined by CWI’s financial aid SAP policy.
- EFC (verified by CWI, when applicable) must be greater than $2,300 and less than $10,000.
- CWI must receive the 529 account payment directly from IDeal, sent via check, in order to be eligible for the matching scholarship.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- CWIDeal Boost Scholarship
- Scholarship Application