College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CWI offers College Level Examination Program (CLEP®) testing to the public. For CLEP exams accepted at CWI, please click here.
About the CLEP®:
- The CLEP® is designed to test knowledge in introductory courses for specific college subjects and can fulfill major requirements as well as CORE by earning qualifying scores.
- Approximately 2,900 colleges and universities will accept credit for successful scores on the 33 available CLEP® exams.
- Exams are 90 minutes
- 5 subject areas
- History & Social Sciences
- Composition & Literature
- Science & Mathematics
- World Languages
- Unofficial results are available immediately upon completion, except for essays which take four to six weeks for scoring.
- If you are planning on taking the CLEP® exam to get credit for prerequisite courses or credits needed for graduation, please plan ahead. It takes approximately four to six weeks for the official score report to be sent to the Registrar’s Office.
- Please note: While CWI offers most CLEP® exams at our testing facilities, CWI does not accept all CLEP® scores.
- For accepted equivalencies, please visit http://advising.csi.edu/alternativeCredit/cbe/clep.asp
- If you don’t pass the exam, you must wait six months before re-testing.
- To receive Credit by Examination through CWI you must submit a Vertical Credit form to One Stop Student Services following successful completion of the exam. The Vertical Credit form can be downloaded from the Forms and Publications page.
- Test preparation tips can be found at http://clep.collegeboard.org/test-preparation.
- Choose "CLEP for Test Takers"
- "Create an Account" in the upper right hand corner
- Register to take the CLEP® Exam
- Pay exam fee to College Board online.
- For current pricing or purchasing an exam, please visit clep.collegeboard.org/exam
- Print Exam Registration Ticket upon registration and bring it to your testing appointment.
- Choose a location at one of CWI Assessment and Testing Centers
- Then select a "CLEP Exam"
- Pay the $20 non-refundable proctoring fee to CWI for each exam. Certain examinations have an optional essay for an additional $10 fee payable to CWI. All proctoring fees will be paid to CWI Testing and Assessment at the time of your exam.
- Please note: this process will need to be repeated for each CLEP exam you are taking and payments submitted individually, regardless of if the tests are on the same or different days.
- Please bring your printed Exam Registration Ticket from College Board with your to your testing appointment
- Present one form of identification at testing appointment. Must be a valid driver’s license, state issued photo ID, Military ID, or passport.